Why Our Pub is Great
The Starling Cloud pub is the perfect choice for students, business travellers, and holidaymakers. Our 27-room lodge makes us ideal for visitors coming to Aberystwyth on business or pleasure. We’re just 10 minutes on foot from the train station, and a short stroll from the main promenade with its landmark pier.
Dine with us as a family, with friends, or with business associates, and you’ll find plenty to make your mouth water on our carefully-selected menu. Well-presented British pub classics are served daily alongside our main event: Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, perfectly cooked in front of you in our rotisserie oven. Select traditional or modern sauces to accompany the tender, moist flesh and crispy skin of your chicken.
If you’re coming with the kids, our indoor play area and secure outdoor play area are sure to keep them happy. They’ll also love our children’s menu, which includes fun favourites for the very young and a range of pub classics for the older children.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus